Friday, August 8, 2008

Tex-Mex Salad

Check out the picture and recipe for this salad here. It looks great in the trifle dish and would be fun to take to a potluck or party. I don't have a trifle dish but it still looked and tasted delicious. The cornbread adds such an unexpected and tasty sweetness and texture to the salad. For three big servings, I used one and a half romaine hearts, one and a half cans of black beans. I used only cheddar cheese, didn't use Sazon seasoning and didn't miss it, and I also added a sliced avocado. The salsa tomato mixture adds a lot to the salad. I made my own dressing that I adapted from the Cafe Rio Salad dressing. The dressing turned out fantastic:

Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

1 pkg Ranch Dressing dry mix

3/4 cup milk

1 cup mayonnaise
5 tomatillos, peeled and halved

2 cloves garlic
1/3 bunched cilantro
juice of half a lime

Blend ingredients together in a blender.

No comments: