Friday, April 4, 2008

Turkey Burgers

I love burgers. A Five Guys (or In-N-Out, when I'm out West) cheeseburger with grilled onions and fries is one of my favorite meals, but definitely a guilty pleasure. This is how I made turkey burgers the other night in an attempt to satisfy a burger craving.

1 lb ground turkey
1/4 c bread crumbs
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties. Pan fry in a little bit of vegetable oil, about 2 minutes per side. Place into baking dish and finish cooking in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I placed a slice of sharp cheddar cheese on each burger for the last two minutes of cooking. I mixed some spring greens with a tangy ranch dressing, placed the greens on the hamburger bun, and placed the burger on top. I spread some extra ranch on the top bun. These were good, juicy burgers and I was quite pleased with my first attempt at turkey burgers. But, anyone up for Five Guys? :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh man, I love 5 guys and In n out!!!