Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mushroom and Aparagus Risotto

I tried this recipe from Martha Stewart for risotto. Bottom line: it was delicious but I don't think I can ever make it again. I do not really have, nor wish to ever have, enough pots and pans to make this dish. If you like mushrooms and risotto, you'll really like this dish. It takes a lot of time, a lot of attention (as all risotto does), and, like I mentioned, a lot of pots and pans. The changes I made to the recipe were substituting chicken broth for the white wine, and cutting the butter in half. I thought the addition of the butter and olive oil at the end was a little excessive. I know that adding loads of butter to any dish will make it tasty but, I just couldn't add almost an entire stick! I actually just had the leftovers for lunch and I thought the risotto was even better. Still, though, not worth it!

No comments: