Monday, April 7, 2008

Troy's Chicken Sandwiches

Thank you to Troy and Sofiya for having us over for dinner! It was great and I had to try making Troy's delicious chicken sandwiches. The key to the sandwiches was the grilled pineapple.

4 chicken breasts
BBQ sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
4 Pineapple rings
Monterey Jack or Provolone Cheese
4 hamburger buns

Troy said he improvised the marinade with whatever he had on hand so I tried to do the same. I combined a couple of tablespoons of BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and a couple of shakes of garlic powder, and onion powder in a ziploc and marinated the chicken for a few hours. I heated the grill and grilled the pineapple, probably about 3 minutes per side. Then, I grilled the chicken. It took about 10 minutes per side and I added a slice of cheese on each chicken breast the last few minutes. The chicken went onto the hamburger bun and I topped the chicken with the pineapple. Very tasty! This was a great alternative to a normal chicken sandwich. Now, I just need to figure out how to make Sofiya's amazing french fries!

No comments: