Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lettuce Wraps

These are not a version of PF Chang's lettuce wraps. Although, I love those, so if anyone has a recipe for them, send it my way. This is just a different way to use leftover chicken. I used romaine leaves because that's what I had but they are a bit tricky to roll up. Butter lettuce or iceberg leaves are probably easier. I added the jam for a little sweetness. I was going to make a fruit salad to go along with this but I ended up making frozen fruit smoothies instead since it was such a hot day! Here's the recipe.

4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed or shredded
1/2 of 16 oz bag of cole slaw mix vegetables (shredded carrots and cabbage)
1/4 cup Hoisin sauce or Chinese 5 Spice sauce
2 Tablespoons fruit jam
6 leaves lettuce

Saute cole slaw mix in a little bit of olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add chicken, sauce, and jam and saute for 5 minutes more. Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and roll up.

No comments: