Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What's for Dinner?

I've decided to start a blog dedicated to my adventures in the kitchen. Okay, maybe adventures is the wrong word, but sometimes figuring out what to cook for dinner is a feat. Taking into account all the things that have to be considered--what sounds good, do I have enough time, do I have all (or any) of the ingredients, is it relatively healthy, will both my husband and I like it, will there be enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow, will my 11 month old take a long enough nap for me to prep the meal--dinner can sometimes leave me perplexed. To top it off, I am the most indecisive person you have ever met. My favorite song changes on a daily basis, I pick about three outfits everyday before finally making a commitment, and I still haven't chosen a color scheme for our bedroom (we've been married 6 years). I claim many dishes as my favorite food and I don't dislike any type of cuisine. My husband and I always joke about trying to choose a place to eat out. We both always say "I don't care, anything sounds good to me." Maybe I should start a blog where people just give me tips on where to go eat. Another day. Anyway, by the time we decide on a place, we could have caught and cooked our own dinner. This indecisiveness doesn't help my dinner planning skills. So, I thought I'd start chronicling all of my meal-time decisions. If I publicize my menus, report on their results, get opinions and suggestions, I'm sure I will have a more diverse, delicious dinner lineup. A caveat: I am NOT a gourment cook. Much of my side dishes come from the frozen aisle at Trader Joe's (I LOVE TJ's!). And, since living in the DC metro area, we have noticed a big jump in grocery prices. So, much of what I cook is not fancy, either. I try to cook fairly healthful and affordable meals. Hopefully, I can give you ideas and you can enlighten me. Have a great meal!

2 comments:

The Spotted Lamb said...

What a great idea! I am just blown away by the fact that you have the entire week's dinner planned out-awesome! I am sure I will be using many of your recipes along the way and I would definitely love to give you some of my "tried and trues"
Looking forward to reading about your adventures!
Love Er

becky said...

Love it -- maybe you'll inspire me to cook again! I've been off my culinary game for almost a year! :)

Check out this great blog for more ideas: http://www.thisweekfordinner.com/.

Great inspiration!