Friday, February 29, 2008

Preschool Chicken

Thank you, Erin for sending me this great recipe! Erin's sister brought this recipe home from preschool when they had a Food Around the World day and her family has used it ever since. I loved the flavors in this new chicken recipe and I like the quick prep. I just mixed the sauce up in the same dish I marinated and baked the chicken in. I cut the chicken in bite-sized pieces and really liked it that way. I served this over brown rice and with steamed broccoli. Next time I might use low-sodium soy sauce or cut down on the soy sauce a little because the dish was a little too salty for me. Here is the recipe.

Marinade:
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup vegtable oil
2 1/2 TBS sesame seeds
2-3 tsp garlic powder
1-2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup chopped green onion

2 lbs Chicken breasts (I've also cut the chicken into bite sized pieces before marinading--your choice)

Cooked Rice

Marinate chicken in glass baking dish overnight in the fridge. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. If cooking whole breasts, brush marinade over chicken several times while baking. Serve over cooked rice.

3 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

Where did you find the sesame seeds?

Ashley McNair said...

I already had some but if Giant has them, I think they would be near the spices.

Andrea Hatch said...

This was so good with 1/2 cup soy sauce and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce to cut the salt. And I cooked the chicken in the crock pot in the sauce! It was so yummy!!