Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Super Simple Enchiladas

This is a really easy way to make simple chicken enchiladas.

3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed or shredded
1 14-oz can Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup sour cream or plain, non-fat yogurt
6 tortillas

Combine chicken, 1/2 of enchilada sauce, cheese, and sour cream or yogurt in bowl. Mix ingredients well. Place a couple of spoonfulls of mixture onto each tortilla, roll, and place seam side down in greased baking dish (I usually use and 8x8 for 6 enchiladas). Once all enchiladas are in the dish, pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and spread over all tortillas. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake additional 10 minutes.

I have been using yogurt instead of sour cream and I can't tell a difference at all. I uncover the enchiladas the last 10 minutes because I like the enchiladas a little crispy.

3 comments:

California Blakes said...

I love all your ideas and recipes. Now I just need to make them!! They all look SO good!
Jules

Andrea Hatch said...

Do you use corn or flour tortillas?

Ashley McNair said...

Hey! I use flour tortillas for these. The enchilada size, I think.