Monday, February 25, 2008

Turkey Loaf

It's not pretty but it's tasty! This is the recipe I usually use to make meatloaf. I've just adapted it from a few different recipes and I've been using ground turkey lately.

1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
1 egg
1 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup
chopped onion to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. I've found that mixing it together with my hands is the best way to incorporate all the ingredients. Place in greased 9x13 and form into loaf. Spread sauce over loaf. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes for turkey or one hour for beef.

Sauce (from a Paula Deen recipe):

1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp prepared mustard

I always double this sauce so we have a lot to put on the individuals slices of meatloaf. It's the best part of the dish!



2 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

I'm totally making this!!! Thanks for the recipe.

Andrea Hatch said...

This turned out soooo good. This is totally a family staple now. I FINALLY like meatloaf. I added the 1/4c chopped onion and Dan really liked that. I'm not a huge onion fan so I probably will do finely chopped onion next time, or the onion powder like you suggested.