Thursday, February 21, 2008

Pear, Apple Crisp

This is the best recipe I've tried for a Fruit Crisp. Most of the Barefoot Contessa's recipes are great. I made this a couple of weeks ago when we had some company over and I just had to have it again. I adapted the recipe to make a smaller amount. I used an 8x8 dish. I used 4 apples and 3 pears. I didn't peel the apples--that's the healthiest part of the apple, right? Not to mention it's so much easier and quicker when I don't peel them! I was out of cranberries but the first time I made this I used them and really liked the zing they added to the dish. I followed the recipe exactly for the topping--who doesn't like extra topping, right?! I found 50 minutes of cooking time about perfect and I'm glad I followed the instructions about a baking sheet lined with parchment since the crisp does get bubbly. This dessert is so good. It's very, very rich. Fantastic with a scoop (or two!) of vanilla ice cream. The picture doesn't do it justice. I need to read up on food photography.

No comments: