Saturday, February 23, 2008

Balsamic Chicken

I used the marinade from this Giada De Laurentiis recipe intended for chicken wings. I halved the recipe and marinated two chicken breasts, then cooked them for 30 minutes at 350. I cooked the remaining marinade according to the directions. But, as it cooled, the marinade almost hardened completely and by the time the chicken was done, I couldn't even scoop it out to brush over the chicken. Next time, I will wait until the chicken is done and then cook the marinade and brush it on. I can see how the glaze would be perfect on the chicken wings, since it would make the skin nice and crispy. I don't think it's really needed on the boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I thought they were good without the glaze. To accompany the chicken we had a salad with mandarin oranges, slivered almonds, shredded carrot, and Trader Joe's Sesame Ginger Soy Vinaigrette. This is a really easy meal!

No comments: