Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fry Bread Tacos

The food court at BYU had a place that served these. They were always so good. I was thinking about them the other day and decided I'd give them a try. I used this recipe for the fry bread and then just made my regular taco filling (ground turkey, can of black beans, packet of taco seasoning). I doubled the recipe for the fry bread. The dough was so sticky and I added about another cup of flour. But, since I added it a little at a time and was mixing it with my hands, I over-kneaded the dough and it became a little tough. Still, though, the fry bread was really good. I followed advice of other reviewers and put a hole in the middle. So next time I will add extra flour up front and let my mixer knead the dough. These make for a delicious taco. We ate the extras with honey and powdered sugar. Yum!

Click here for a better recipe for the fry bread.

No comments: