Sunday, July 6, 2008

Chicken Enchiladas from Real Simple

I found this recipe while I was browsing the July issue of Real Simple and I though it would be a good alternative to the chicken enchiladas I normally make. I grilled a lot of chicken earlier in the week and used 4 shredded chicken breasts for the filling. I used half of a can of corn, chopped vidalia onion instead of red onion, flour tortillas instead of corn, and a can of green enchilada sauce instead of making the green salsa. I made the enchiladas earlier in the day and when they were ready to be baked, poured the sauce over and cooked them for 20 minutes at 400. I really liked the filling for these enchiladas especially since it incorporates a couple of vegetables. It was a little more time consuming than my regular enchiladas but still easy.

No comments: