Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chicken Piccata

I had some capers to use and found this recipe for Chicken Piccata that I thought I'd try. The My Recipes site is a pretty good recipe source. They have recipes from Southern Living, Real Simple, Cooking Light, and other magazines. The Chicken Piccata recipe was really easy and a great recipe if you like lemon. I didn't pound my chicken breasts since they were pretty thin already. I doubled the sauce so there would be plenty to go on the pasta. I subsituted chicken broth for the white wine and this might have been the reason that the sauce was a bit soupy and I'll add some cornstarch next time to thicken it up. I really loved the lemon flavor and the tanginess of the capers. I cooked a couple of extra chicken breasts when I made this meal and used them to make a hearty cobb salad during the weekend.

No comments: