Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You've got to love it!

Because I knew I wouldn't have much dinner-prep time yesterday, I put pizza and salad on the menu. I make pizza using Trader Joe's 99 cent pizza dough. It takes 7 minutes to cook, you can top it with whatever you like, and it is absolutely delicious! It takes about 5 minutes to roll out the dough and add the toppings. It's my go-to meal when I know I don't have a lot of time. Well, yesterday I was making a Costco run and the rotisserie chicken display lured me in. The chickens are currently $5.49, up from $4.99 just a few months ago. So instead of pizza and salad for dinner, we had chicken, just rotisserie chicken. Well, Matt and Jack shared an avocado, too. Not a well-balanced meal, I know, but very tasty and exactly zero minutes in prep time (which is what I had yesterday). I'm not sure what Costco puts in their chicken but it is so juicy and flavorful. I just used some more of the chicken for my filling for tonight's chicken enchiladas. They are bound to be tasty!

No comments: