Friday, May 2, 2008

Cinammon Rolls!

Molly Wizenberg (who I now know has an awesome cooking blog, Orangette) wrote an article in the March issue of Bon Appetit called "The Trouble With Yeast." Along with the article was a picture and recipe for Cinammon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze. I had to give them a try. I followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I had a hard time with was rolling up the dough tight enough. I don't think I pinched it enough as she instructs in the recipe. Because the rolls weren't rolled tightly, I lost some of the cinammon sugar filling as I transferred the cut rolls from the counter into the pan. I don't think that mattered in the end, though. I checked the rolls after 18 minutes of cooking and they were more than golden brown. I think I have a really hot oven. Anyway, next time I will probably check them at 15 minutes because they would have been better had I not left them in as long. But, the cinammon rolls were so yummy! The filling is great, the dough is moist, and the frosting is delicious. I will definitely be trying out more of Molly's recipes. Her blog is amazing. I'm especially in awe of her food photography, of which, as you can see, I have some learning to do!

No comments: