Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chocolate Cookies 'n' Cream Towers

When you see this picture that accompanied this recipe, you will want to make this dessert, too. A friend of mine saw the picture in an old copy of Food & Wine magazine and asked me to make this dessert. Well, I was just as enchanted by the picture so I followed the recipe exactly to see if this dessert tastes as good as it looks. Well, it does! I loved it, Matt loved it, my friends at girls night loved it. As you can tell from my picture, I lack in fine motor skills and need a little more practice piping cream out of pastry bags! But, my cookie towers tasted as good as the one in the picture looks. The best way to eat these is to just take the cookies apart. The chocolate pastry cream is delicious and when mixed with some of the whipped cream to make the light chocolate layer . . . oh man! It is to die for! That would make an excellent dessert in itself. Needless to say, Jack and I loved cleaning up after I made this dessert. He was thrilled with that sugary snack! Hopefully, I can improve some of my cooking skills and next time I make this dessert, my towers will be as pretty as the others!

No comments: