Saturday, March 8, 2008

Erin's Cranberry Spinach Salad

Isn't that such a pretty salad? Thank you so much, Erin for sending me this great recipe. I loved this salad! I couldn't stop eating it. The dressing is really good. Erin gave me the tip to make the dressing the night before to let the flavors come together and that made it especially tasty. I used olive oil because I was a little low on regular vegetable oil but the olive oil flavor was a little overpowering in the dressing. Next time, I'll use regular vegetable oil like the recipe says, or, a light-flavored olive oil. I also forgot to get blue cheese so I used Feta, which was good. I bet it's even better with blue cheese. I served this along with Trader Joe's frozen breaded chicken breasts (a great TJ's purchase) and some good bread for an easy Friday night dinner.

CRANBERRY SPINACH SALAD
SERVES: 8

DRESSING:
2 TBS SESAME SEEDS
½ CUP WHITE SUGAR
2 TSP MINCED ONION
¼ TSP PAPRIKA
¼ CUP WHITE VINEGAR
¼ CUP CIDER VINEGAR
½ CUP VEGTABLE OIL

SALAD:
¾ CUP SLIVERED ALMONDS
1 CUP DRIED CRANBERRIES
BLUE CHEESE TO TASTE
1 LB BABY SPINACH LEAVES

DIRECTIONS: PLACE ALL DRESSING INGREDIENTS IN POURABLE CONTAINER. SHAKE TO COMBINE. PLACE IN FRIDGE OVERNIGHT.
COMBINE ALMONDS AND CRANBERRIES IN ZIPLOC AND SET ASIDE.
TOSS DRESSING WITH SPINACH THEN TOP WITH ALMONDS AND CRANBERRIES WHEN READY TO EAT.

No comments: