Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm Published!

Well, I do have my name in name in this cookbook. And, it's my mom's recipe that's published. But still, pretty cool, right?! Here's the story. Over a year ago my mom learned that Cook's Country (America's Test Kitchen, Cook's Illustrated) was holding a recipe contest for the Best Lost Suppers. My mom suggested I enter her Chicken and Rice Dish. I submitted an online entry and totally forgot about until a few months ago I got a letter congratulating me because my recipe had been chosen among the 1,000 plus entries. Pretty exciting! Well, I just received my copy of the book in the mail and was pretty excited so I thought I'd better post it while I have some time on my hands (tomorrow is baby #2's due date and I'm just sitting and waiting!). Of course, being America's Test Kitchen, they tested the recipe and made some changes to it (specifically adding carrots and peas), but I like it just how I've got it on the blog. Give it a try.

3 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

That is SO COOL!!! Gosh, I gotta try that recipe!

I can't believe she hasn't come yet! Please let me know when I can help out with Jack after she arrives!!!!!!

Littleshortstacks said...

That's so exciting! I'd thought about entering a contest they had a while back but never did. You're amazing!

I'm waiting with baited breath to see what #2 is like!

The Spotted Lamb said...

So awesome! I am definitely going to have to give that recipe a try!