Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tortellini Soup

This is a delicious and hearty soup perfect for a cold winter's day, which happens to be just the kind of day we are having today in DC! The recipe is easy, as well, since it calls for prepared tortellini (I used dry pesto tortellini from Trader Joe's--I bet refrigerated cheese or mushroom would be delicious in this recipe). Here is the recipe. I love the swiss chard in the soup! I added a half of a chopped onion which I sauteed with the carrot before adding the broth and other ingredients. I actually omitted the chicken (I just used prepared chicken stock) and thought the soup was totally filling without it. You could easily make this a vegetarian meal by using vegetable stock.

1 comment:

Andrea Hatch said...

Ohhh, looks sooo good!!! I LOVE Tortellini soup!