Friday, October 15, 2010

Nanaimo Bars

Recently, I attended a dessert club. This is like a book club, but instead of reading and then discussing books, everyone makes a dessert and then shares it. Awesome, right!? The theme for the first dessert club was "new recipes." I've been wanting to try this recipe for Nanaimo Bars for quite sometime so this was a perfect chance. And, there is no baking required! Some stove top work but other than that, just spreading and cooling. I was thrilled that they turned out looking as good (or almost) as the picture online. They are named after a city in British Columbia where a woman invented the recipe. They are very sweet and rich but so delicious. I liked them best cold out of the refrigerator and in some way the taste reminds me of an oreo cookie. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mommo said...

So funny. I read the blog (the virtual goody plate) I dont' know where I linked to it from but I don't see a link on any of your sites. I knew this "dessert club" looked familiar. You dessert looks so yummy.