Sunday, November 23, 2008

Back to the Blog with Chocoalte Cake!

Oh my goodness, I've been the biggest slacker on my blog lately. It's been over a month since I've posted anything. I have made a few new things in the past month so I'm going to get a lot of posts done right now. First up, a fabulous dessert! Thanks to Taryn for this recipe for a chocolate cake. I made it for Matt's birthday and it was delicious and so easy!

Chocolate Cake to "Dah" For:
1 box chocolate cake mix (any kind of chocolate, I used Devil's Food)
3 oz. milk chocolate instant pudding (must be instant pudding)
8 oz. sour cream
9 oz. chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
1 cup oil
1/2 cup water
3 eggs

Mix cake mix and pudding, then add all other ingredients. Bake @ 350degrees for 60 minutes. (Check @ 50 minutes) Do Not Overcook.

I baked the cake in two 9-inch rounds and put a layer of chocolate whipped cream in between the layers. Then, I frosted the cake with plain, sweetened whipped cream. Delicious! Taryn suggested chopping up your favorite candy bar to add in between the layers and sprinkle on top.

No comments: